Thursday, January 6, 2011

It is never too late to have a happy childhood...

I know I have taken a step back from my blog this past month. I missed Christmas and ringing in the New Year! I really needed a wee break my friends! December was a really tough month! On December 18th I finished my orders, and looked at my messy house and realized I had not even put up stockings or a tree and that Christmas was days away. So I sighed, put up 3 stockings (couldn't find Tim's), cleaned my house, and decided next year would be different, but this year we celebrated without a tree for the first time since we had Ava. My sis said, "You are creating memories...". Well that is for sure! Remember the year we didn't even have a tree? Ughhh, yes.


l

We headed for a trip to our new favorite park today and it was truly the perfect afternoon at the park...soaking up some newly appreciated Texas sunshine. With one dose of Ava's zest, two doses of Addy's wonder, and a hefty dose of precious here and now, I left feeling this was an amazing day... Here's to creating the best kind of memories. I am loving you already 2011- the greatest year yet my friends!

Ava's precious nickname "noodle" hand embroidered tee was made by sweet Erin!

5 comments:

Angela said...

My kids always remember the little things more than the big things. It has motivated me to not stress about the big things in life. (I should say try). I have had laundry to fold for two days but I have spent a lot of time playing trains with my 2 year old and snuggling my baby. I hope that 2011 continues to be the greatest year, that is my goal too.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I have trying to reach you using your paypal email. I purchased two patterns and have been unble to make contact. I am so sorry to try this way. Please check your paypal email.

Have a blessed day.

The Liechtys said...

Glad you had such a special day! I love those pics of the girls - so precious! What park is that??

melifaif said...

Being with family and celebrating the true meaning of Christmas is just fine....yes, even without a tree! Best wishes in 2011. I adore the pic of Noodle and Addy on those springs is just too too TOO sweet. Awesome memory mommy!

Anonymous said...

This is the CUTEST, most heart warming site that I have visited. Your pictures are amazing. Not only takes your breath away but you go to a place of peace and joy. Thank you for sharing your talent with others who love to spend ever waking minute creating.