Thursday, October 14, 2010

In Between the Lines

Things have slowed down some this week here in the pattern designing although the Kennedy Rose headband will be out soon! I have been filling headband orders and shipping them off. This morning I woke up around 6 and was downstairs on the computer answering an email to a gal that I love chatting with Sarah, TutuChic on Etsy. She makes really beautiful sewn high quality and very "poofy" (Ava's favorite new adjective) tutus that are lined and have such pretty ribbons and detail to them. Since she is a dance instructor and has been a professional dancer, she is truly passionate about her work. She was chosen by Martha Stewart Weddings to have one of her tutus featured next spring! Isn't that amazing? Anyways I think we must have typed 10 emails each the past two days chatting about business and I realized somewhere in between the lines of those emails that even if this all goes away tomorrow this has been such a ride! I also realized somewhere in there typing away to Sarah that I need to stop and truly enjoy the journey of having my own business as I do with enjoying my children. I have really enjoyed getting to know my customers and receive emails from people who have told me what discovering their creativity and hidden skills has meant to them in their life.
Thanks to all of you for your kindness and sharing a tiny piece of your life with me!

Thomas Merton

3 comments:

TutusChic! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TutusChic! said...

You are truly a "joy" to all of us with your talents and gifts of pattern making and terrific designs. Beautiful and enriching to our little creative lives. And long live poofy and Ava's career as a fashion designer.

Snazzie Drawers make me smile! :)

Anonymous said...

love love your stuff thanks for your patience !!