Tuesday, February 9, 2010










At the beginning of the New Year I decided I needed a change in my Etsy shop and the direction I was going. I have always had so many ideas for things to make and never enough time. I have made a lot of things and never put them in my Etsy shop either because of time. I have always enjoyed the design part of sewing the very best. My first pattern I made when I first started sewing, I followed perfectly and didn't make any revisions at all. My second pattern I made, which was this peasant dress when my daughter was a wee baby, was Simplicity's #5695 Peasant Dress (I have the pattern # memorized because I have made it over a dozen times) and I altered it countless times. I have always loved altering, changing existing patterns but then I just stopped buying patterns at all about a year ago and made my first pattern, the Ooh La La Ruffled skirt for my daughter and Etsy shop.








I was hooked! I loved making a pattern up from scratch and having an idea and executing it into a finished product. It so fulfilling and rewarding. So January 1st, I sat down and over the period of three weeks drafted the Ooh La La Ruffled Skirt into a pattern through a lot of hard work and perserverance. I had many 12pm to 8am shifts since I am a work at home mom of 2 kids. The crazy thing was that I would go get the kiddos out of bed after working all night and I was not even tired because I was so passionate and in love with what I was doing that I didn't need much sleep. I also have a fabulous editor, my husband!! He has been very supportive and I am so grateful to have him!




So this is how I got here in a nutshell. I absolutely love patterndrafting and designing! I have 6 pair of completely different ruffled pants for babies and toddlers I am working on next (including the Oh My Oh My pants which were my bestselling pant in my shop).














Thanks for checking in with me!


xoxo



2 comments:

pinksarahh said...

Do you create and sell the finished product also???? Coming from someone who does not sew! I have had you in my favorites since I found you but I have yet to take my sewing machine out of it's box!! I got it for Christmas 2006!

Snazziedrawers said...

Well I used to but I do not anymore. Sorry! It is just too crazy to keep up with custom orders with my daughers. My patterns are beginner friendly though and I would happily help you with as many questions as you might have!! You have a machine calling your name!
What a precious little family you have!